Revised on: 2020/04/04
Please click each image to view a full-size version of the image
- After signing into your DigitalOcean account and from the DigitalOcean main Dashboard, Click on the “Down Arrow” button next to your avatar.
- Click “Create a team” from the drop-down menu
- From the “Create a new team” menu
- Enter a team name. This can be anything you want. For this example, I used “BitsVital” additional examples could be: Your company name, WordPress Team, Website Team, PBX Team, Billing Team, etc.
- You can choose to convert yourself into a team. If this is a new account you may want to do this. If this is an established account with “Droplets aka servers, Spaces, Databases, etc.” that already exist you may want to leave this unchecked.
- Choose the payment method that you want this team to utilize.
- Enter member’s email addresses that you would like to invite to your team. You can also add team members later too. If you rather wait you can click “No, thanks, I’ll send invitations later” at the bottom of the screen. In this example, I have added my self at a different email address to join this team.
- Congratulations! You have set up your team! Click “Visit Team Page”
- On the Teams dashboard, you can view all your team members. The dashboard will list who is pending (members that yet to accept your invitation) and members that already have accepted your invitation. In the image below you can see that I have yet to accept the invitation. Under “Status,” I’m still “Pending”
- Members that you have extended an invitation will receive an email asking them if they would like to join your team. The potential team member will be able to click on “Accept Invitation” in the email that they have received.
- After the potential team member clicks, the “Accept Invitation” link in the email they will be taken to a screen where they can enter their basic information. Full name, email address, and password to log-in to your DigitalOcean team site.
- Once the team member enters their basic information and clicks the green “Sign-up” button they will be taken to your DigitalOcean Dashboard.
- From YOUR DigitalOcean account, you will now see that the team member status has changed from “Pending” to “Member”
How to Remove (Delete) a team member
For the security of your DigitalOcean account, it’s a good idea to delete team members that no longer need access to your site. You can always invite them again if the need arises.
- From your, DigitalOcean Team Member Dashboard click the “hamburger menu” (the three horizontal dots) next to the team member you want to delete.
- A drop-down menu will be displayed. From here you can choose to change the role of the user or remove the member. Click “Remove member”
- You will be presented with an additional screen to verify that you are sure you want to remove this member. Click the large red button “Remove Member”
- Congratulations the team member has been removed and no longer has access to your account. You can verify that member has been removed as their name no longer appears in your Team Dashboard.